Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Business of FancyDancin': Part One.

Lessons Learned.  That's important right??  Take aways, tid bits, sound bites, memories....

I think I got it this time.  No, I really think I do.

It is my belief, that when we face challenges, bad days, failures, flesh wounds, we are supposed to learn something.  I understand that most people don't think this way; I am not most people (in case that wasn't clear from the get go).

After the race (the flesh wound race) I struggled on what it was that I was supposed to learn.  I didn't understand.  But now I do.  I get it.  Comin' in loud and clear - over and out.

Control.  I have to, sometimes, give that up.  As much as I like to plan, over think, pin point, plot, OCD-out on something - sometimes you just cannot control the outcome.  And *that* can be okay.  I can give up control, and still live, still survive, still thrive.  I don't have to get uber focused on the details, the trees, the itty bitty details.  I can let that all go, I can focus on the forest, and enjoy the ride. 

I can enjoy the ride without knowing at what mile post we'll be stopping for snacks.  Because even when you know... the world may have a different plan for you.  Let's just hope next time it isn't a flesh wound.

Here is to the business of fancydancin' without choreography.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment