Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hank and Pearl

Hank hates having his picture taken

Beauty Sleep.

I have been asking for a kitty for about eight months now.  I will admit it, and while I love Ms. Dee, I am a cat person.  (gag if you must - that's how I feel about real babies).  I am also REALLY allergic to them.  It is an awesome combination, really.  BUT - I finally wore him down.  (I have a feeling that maybe my melodramatic, "no, I really don't want anything for my birthday but a kitty" - may have worked also, "buuuut, Karly got a kitty" the ole trick one learns at a very early age - too bad Shiloh didn't respond with, "if everybody jumped off a cliff, would you?").

So, I headed to the shelter armed with the knowledge that I could get two kitties.  It was my intent all along to get an orange kitty.  I have wanted one for a really long time, and that is what the plan was going to be, until I got there.


Little Ms. Pearl

There were cages of older cats, and cages of teen cats, and lots of cages of kitties.  There were a couple orange ones, but they were boring, and didn't especially enjoy being held.  There were fluffy ones, that I must admit, were pretty cute.  And, then what to my wondering eyes should appear??  Two little kitties with laser sites on me, hanging from the cages, mewing with what I could only imagine as, "hey, hey, hey, hey."  I walk over and open their cage.  The kitty, soon to be known as Hank, jumps out of the cage and onto my head, "well hello, sir."  He is purring, and squirming, and is pissed when I have to put him back in his cage.  I scoop out the other kitty, soon to be known as Pearl, and she nuzzles my neck and falls asleep.  Yup - these are the two. 


Hank is very very tired.

Don't let Hank fool you.  He's not an angel.

Hank is certainly the ring leader of the mischievous action.  He is tiny, missing part of his ear, and doesn't necessarily want to wait for you to pick him up... he'll just climb on up himself, thanks.  Pearl is quiet, and timid, and loves to follow Hank around to be a witness to the trouble.  Dee is adapting well.  She has always been willing to share the home with any other type of living creature.  We hope that they will keep her company without driving her to drink... oh, wait, that's me :)  The only thing that she really hates is when they try to eat her food, but we can work around that.

Hank and Pearl were born at the shelter, and had only ever lived in a cage.  They aren't quite sure what to do with all they space they have now.  They really enjoy running at top speed across the linoleum, and jumping up and down the stairs, and over any type of enclosure that Shiloh decides to make.  We are so happy to have them, and don't worry, I have invested heavily in Zyrtec.

May your day be filled with fuzzy joy!!

Andrea








No comments:

Post a Comment