Friday, December 30, 2011

Long Time Coming...

I meant to write this in, oh, August of 2011.  Sometimes, it takes my brain a bit to catch up.  Also, I had marathon brain the last several months, which (while I have never been pregnant, nor am I now) seems to have the same symptoms as pregnancy brain.

I wanted to extend a huge THANK YOU to Team Pitcher for getting my butt (literally) on track.

I was the gal that thought it perfectly appropriate to have a sugar cookie and a white chocolate coconut mocha for breakfast, and adventure to McDonald's to lunch, and a mini pizza for dinner.  I ate for convenience and not for nutrition.  It wasn't until I enlisted the help of Team Pitcher that I realized just how much what you eat effects how you feel - and ultimately what you do.

With their support and knowledge I was able to pull myself out of the garbage gut gutter, and eat like a person running 40+ miles a week, because I was!!  I felt better, slept better, ran better, and didn't feel the need to have emotional meltdowns every other day.

The new training rules allowed me to still have my favorite treats, but in moderation (ahhhhh, that's the secret).  Working fro-yo into my training schedule was a huge morale boost, and who would deny me that :)

I recommend working with them no matter what your training/life/weight goals are in the New Year.  It will be worth the time and effort (and really, the hard part is done for you).

Hats off to you Team Pitcher - I appreciate you and your guidance so very much!!!

May your day be filled with great advice.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment