Friday, January 20, 2012

Long Run Fuel - also, MOST delish breakfast. Ever.

It took me a really long time to figure out what to eat before my long runs, or intense work outs, or on cold days where nothing sounds particularly good.  Usually, it wasn't enough food, and then it became - whoa, that hurt my tummy.

BUT - I have found the best new thing!!!  It tastes good, and it sticks with you - without hurting your tummy!!  Can I get a "hallelujah!!"

Here it is:  Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal.

You'll need:  Instant plain oatmeal, greek yogurt with honey, and a handful of strawberries. 



Next - cook the instant oatmeal as instructed on the packet, and cut up your strawberries.


Step Three:  Mix the contents of your yogurt into the oatmeal.  It should all melt nicely since the oatmeal will be hot.


Final Step - Mix in the berries, and eat it all up - YUM!!


Here's to new concoctions.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment