Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Curried Butternut Squash Soup. Fuggetaboutit. (That's my attempt at being gangsta).

Who loves food!!!  Ooh, me, me, me!!  I generally like to think that I make healthy food (stop. laughing) - make, not eat, key focal point.  But, THIS I know to be healthy, and it is sooo yummy - you won't even realize your eating veggies!!  Just do it - you'll totally thank me.  (... and if I already posted this recipe, and I am re-posting, to lazy to look thanks, it's well worth it).

What you'll need:
tablespoon of butter or olive oil
clove of Garlic (optional)
one sweet onion
two apples
one butternut squash
two tablespoons of mild indian curry
four cups of vegetable or chicken stock
(1/8 of a cup of brown sugar - optional)

Step One: We will have lots of fun (oh, whoops - wrong theme.  We're not singing.  I forget).  Melt your butter, or heat your olive oil.  Add crushed garlic, and chopped and peeled onion.  Saute! 

Step Two:  Chop and peel your apples and butternut squash.  Cut into fabulous cubes.  Just like this.


The pot should be sizzling by now, so go ahead and add your curry.  Stir it all up.  Breathe in that yumminess.



Now add the chopped apples and squash, mix well - hope you've been working out.


Add your broth, set the temperature to med, put the lid on the pot, and let boil and simmer for 40 mins or so (or really until the veggies are all soft.)  The house is going to smell amazing, and your tummy will be rumbling.


Now that your veggies are all squishy - you can either, use an immersion blender to blend it all together  OR (get out your safety glasses) and spoon the mixture, a little at a time, into a normal blender and blend.  Be careful not to over fill your blender, because hot stuff + blender = explosions.


Now look how pretty that is.  Enjoy.

Here's to attempting to be healthy - Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment