Monday, December 19, 2011

Downsizing.

This is going to sound incredibly ... jerkish.  Maybe.

I used to be the gal in the office that had a gift for everyone.  The last couple years I have knitted scarves for everyone, knitted wash cloths, made individual goodies, given them spices, and last year I believe everyone got calendars.  I'm not talking one or two folks here... I'm talking 15+.

I should state that I don't give gifts to get gifts - but maybe a "thank you" would be nice.  In some cases, I worked for hours and hours to bring you a nice gift.  You, should maybe, offer some thanks.

This year -  I am limiting my Christmas Cheer.  I'm downsizing.  Big Time.  It gets kind of old - to ALWAYS be the one that goes the extra mile.  I'm not in the mood to be overly thoughtful this year.  I'm sticking to family and close friends, and if the rest of you are bent that I didn't provide you with a holiday gift, by all means, I'll forward you the youtube video that teaches you how to knit.

For you know what they say, "give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime."  The same applies to scarves, for reals.

1 comment:

  1. Love it Andrea, you crack me up and I totally agree with you on this matter!!

    ReplyDelete