Wednesday, October 31, 2012

... and now for a glimpse at serious Andrea.

I travel a lot for work, and while it may sound all fancy and whatnot - it can be, at times, incredibly lonely.

Usually the fourth night of travel, when I am exhausted, and tired, and sore from sleeping in a strange bed, I begin to reflect.

It's been an interesting couple of years for me.  I find that whenever you become extremely passionate about something you run into people who want to strip that away from you.  They want to make you feel like your euphoria and love are unfounded and fake. 

I am not a huge fan of writing other people's stories.  I believe that to understand someone you have to greet them with an open heart and a clear head.  Listen to them, learn from them, accept them for who they are. Just because you have no similarities doesn't make them wrong, or make their actions or feelings any less valid.  Let them be them, and as they say on the shore, you do you.

We all have flaws - each and every one of us.  To consistently pick at other people does nothing to define them - it defines you.  It shows your ugly.

This all leads me to the photo you see on the right.  It's time to forgive, and be kind, and succeed, and be honest and sincere, and build, and be happy, and do good, and give your best.  This life is for you - it's not a contest, you don't get any trophies at the end of it, there is no ultimate prize package to be had. 

So, I leave you with this, live your best life, worry about you and yours, and as Bill and Ted most poignantly stated, "be excellent to each other."

1 comment: