Friday, October 12, 2012

... and on Sunday - I'll dance.

BARF!!!  It's coming fast and furious.  I'm leaving for Boise today, to-day.  (seconds after I post this).

Marathon.  It is such a crazy word, for people who do crazy things.  Uh, I watched a Honey Boo-Boo marathon and I am ti-red (neckonize)!!

I'm not watching a TV show, or working long hours, or shopping long hours - or doing any of that.  I am merely running 26.2 miles.  Miles that will allow me to bask in all of the glory of my training, and laugh at all the lessons I've learned the hard way, and high five strangers, and shed tears of joy, and have perfect strangers cheer for me.  I LOVE this process, and it is a process.

I know what I've done.   I know what this is going to feel like (this isn't my first rodeo).  I know that ANYTHING can happen in 26.2 miles.  And I know that I have worked my ass off for the past year, and now,  now it is time to DANCE!!!



See you at the starting line.  Muah!!!

2 comments: