Friday, November 2, 2012

My Morning Smoothie!!

I am sorry I don't have a picture for you, but I drank it already.

For the past three years, I have turned my nose up at smoothies.  Being on a liquid diet for 6 weeks will do that to you.  Also, I am not all that hungry in the morning - and because of my mess of a jaw (17 screws and 4 plates) it takes awhile for things to get loosened up enough to want to chew. 

However, I have created a really yummy breakfast that doesn't have a TON of calories, that keeps me full, and that I can tolerate.  Want my secret??  Of course you do!!!

Andrea's Morning Smoothie.

1 cup frozen fruit, whatever kind
1 small banana
1 container of Greek 0% yogurt
1/3 cup quick oats
a pinch of chia seeds, and a pinch of flax seed (totally optional)
About a cup and a half of plain ole coconut water (more or less depending on how you like it).

Blend all that up, and enjoy.  Now, you can add protein powder if you wish - or remove the oatmeal if you aren't fond of thick drinks.  Make it your own really.

I usually let mine sit for a bit - mainly because it is too cold right away.  And with all that metal in my face, cold is a killer.

Bottoms up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment