Friday, January 11, 2013

Short Runs.

I'm sitting here at the computer, knowing I have to get out and run for 30 minutes today, and am lacking all the motivation in the world.

I feel like I am not alone in this, either.  It is so easy for me to get all excited and twitterpated about long runs: I carefully plan, figure my route, sleep restless, and pounce on the run.  Tell me I have to run short, and I get all moody and whiny.  "I don't want to.  I'm tired.  blah, blah, blah."

I have to remind myself that every run has a PURPOSE.  That all runs cannot be my favorite.  That the short run is just as important, builds just as much, serves just as much purpose as the long ones. 

In other words, you don't get to eat steak for every meal.  I need to appreciate the broccoli, or something to that effect.  You certainly get the idea, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment