Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Changing.

This is the story about how a cat became a dog.

When I starting running - I was a solo runner, a cat if you will.  I liked running by myself, with my thoughts, clearing my head, making the run personal.  I didn't share that time - I didn't want to share that time. I didn't need anyone.  I thought I had it all figured out, thought. 

This last year, specifically in the last few months, my world has been rocked.

My friends insisted I run with them, and let's be honest, it scared me.  But, they wouldn't let me weasel my way out of it.  They bended, they persisted, they let me be bossy, they let me pick the course, they let me pick the distance, they kept opening their arms, they kept inviting - and I gave in.

To Chrissy and Anna and Cathryn - THANK YOU!!! 

I never knew that running and working out with people could be so FABULOUS!!  I appreciate, and love, and look forward to, and enjoy - every run/gym session we have together.

Thank you for reminding me that the road ahead is easier when you have company.  That monster hills, and ice, and freezing temps, and laps around the track seem like a cake walk when your laughing.

You have made me a stronger runner, and a better person.  I am happy to run with the pack any day!! 

Thank you for being you, and for never giving up on me.  I love you all.

(... and Nikki - can you move here yet so you can come too???)

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree. I loved my alone time on the trails until this year. 2012 was the first that I ran with others. It's amazing how much fun you can have out there with other people.

    ReplyDelete