Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

New Year's Day - My Birthday Eve... either way, I am glad it is here.

2012 was an interesting year for me.  It was as if the cosmos was telling me, "no, you still have more to learn."  Everything I did was met with a challenge, nothing went quite as planned, and you know what - I made it out the other side.

I like to plan.  I like things to go my way.  I like having control over everything.  I don't like hiccups. 

But, it's in the hiccups that you find out what you are made of.  You can either throw your hands up and walk away, attending a pity party of biblical proportions, or you can learn.  You can reflect.  You can decide to grow.

It is in our failures we find success.  Character is built in the moments where you decide to stand back up, and do it again.

I will continue to stand, and I will continue to get knocked down.  At least now,  I can laugh as I regain my balance, shake it off, and say "what, is that all you got?"


No comments:

Post a Comment