Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Finally!! A good run!!

Last week my runs were a little craptastic.  My legs felt heavy, I couldn't breath right, I couldn't find my groove.  I was a tad bit of a mess, and then it happened.  A good run!!

It started out a little slow.  I some how managed to lace my shoes too tight, and my feet went numb within the first five minutes.  Once that was all sorted out, I took off again knowing that I still had 10.5 miles to go.  Around mile 2, I encountered another problem; I had too many clothes on.  You'd think that in 30 degree weather a turtleneck and a vest would be appropriate, not so - too hot.  So, I shed layers.

Magic!!  I was able to breath, I found my groove, I felt like I was floating on air, and I could check out completely.  That, that is the feeling I had been searching for all week, and finally... like a breath of fresh air. 

The end of my ran came, and I still had gas in the tank (hooray) - what did I do with that???  Duh, I danced all the way home (much to the dismay of those driving by).  Woot Woot!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment