Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Insert Theme Music Here...

I think that sometimes I forget that I am not super hero material.  Before we start making assumptions that I think I'm all that and a pack of crackers, hear me out.

It's Sunday, I get to run the first long(ish) run (over four miles) since my 26.2.  I should be OVER THE MOON.  But, I am warm and comfortable and lacking motivation.  I don't want to go.  I want to sit in my chair, and drink my coffee, and watch crap television.

The little voice inside my brain begins to holler, well it starts as more of a whisper, "...get up, get.up., getupgetupgetup"  I attempt to tune it out with multiple games of songpop, but to no avail.  It starts again, "you need this.  YOU. NEED. TO. RUN -  I know you don't want to NOW, but in an hour - you'll be patting yourself on the back."  I pretend I can't hear it - but it starts eating at me. 

I always get so irritated when I lose my motivation.  I feel as though I should be Super Runner Girl; the girl with a cape, and a theme song, who is always over-enthusiastic about running.

But today, I'm just Andrea and, while I eventually went running anyway (and was glad I did) I just wanted to sit in my chair.  And you know what?  I am okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment