Thursday, November 8, 2012

Giving Thanks.

I have noticed a lot of folks are listing what they are thankful for, and I think that is great.  It's nice to be able to take some time to reflect on all the positives in our lives.  ALSO, it is a great way to celebrate that little holiday between Halloween and Christmas.  So, high fives to all of you.

Since I am not really spectacular at following directions I have a decided to do things my own way.  It's not a new thing; it's part of my DNA.

For your reading pleasure I'd like to share the first 15 things I am thankful for...

1. For Shiloh who continues to put up with my crazy time and time again; who allows me to be me every day, and loves me regardless; who is a willing participant in all my schemes and adventures; who continues to believe, and to love, and to laugh.  Thank you.

2. For My mother who, no matter how old I get, will always treat me like I am 12; who is so incredibly proud that often her enthusiasm makes me blush; who never fails to remind me that I am important, that I am special, and that she will always love me more than rainbows, and sunshine, and unicorns.  Who teaches me kindness, and thoughtfulness. Thank you.

3. For My brother who makes my work days 85% better; who knows I am ridiculously cranky pre-9:00 am, and always says a cheery "good morning" anyway; who continues to make me laugh; who has a heart of gold; who is the most authentic person I have ever met; who I admire.  Thank you.

4.  For Melinda, who loves me as though I am her daughter; who never passes judgment, and accepts with arms wide open; who teaches, and listens, and loves; who supports me in all I do. Thank you.

5. For My Sisters in Law, you have taken me on as a true sister.  I irritate the shit out of you, make you shake your head, and you love me anyway.  Cathryn - thank you for your immense patience and fast friendship.  I feel like we have been the greatest of friends our whole life.  Julie - thank you for believing, for cheering, for being my biggest fan.  Holly - thank you for your honesty, and clarity, and getting my sense of humor. Kami - thank you for being you, and always you, and for your beautiful spirit.  I love you all more than you will ever know.  Thank you.

6. For Beefer who participates in my shenanigans; who accepts late night phone calls; who would mortgage her house for bail money (if I ever need it); who reminds me that you can be smart, and pretty, and funny, and have amazing dance moves; who believes in strength, and intelligence, and doing the right thing. Thank you.

7. For Karly B who has been by my side since childhood; who always lends an ear, or a starburst, or a hug, or a special chat; who I don't get to see enough; who keeps me grounded; who shows me you can be strong and soft; who loves with ever fiber of her being.  Thank you.

8. For My Peeps, and don't act like you don't know who you are, who keep me going; who send me texts; who know the exact moment I am down and lift me up; who keep pushing me; who keep me laughing; who accept my lunch/coffee/fro-yo requests without a second thought; who I look forward to seeing (or IMing) every single week (or day in some cases); who have seen the crazy (lock it up, Andrea) and keep coming back; whose friendship is as important as air.  Thank you.

9. For My Grandparents who carried me on their proverbial shoulders; who shaped my morals; who provided me character; who gave me a soft place to land; who believed in me even when I couldn't; who taught me to swear, and to be fabulous.  Thank you.

10.  For My Nieces and Nephews who make me so proud; whose company I cannot get enough; who give me hope for the future; who make my heart sing.  Thank you.

11.  For Running who has given me clarity; who provides me with an outlet for all my energy; who has shown me that I am not breakable, I am not weak, I do not give up in the face adversity; who provided me with energy and motivation and free t-shirts and medals for a lifetime.  Thank you.

12.  For Writing who had provided me a creative outlet; that has given me a platform to present my musings, my ponderings, my life in blips.  Thank you.

13.  For Reading who has shook me to my very core; who has allowed me to travel to far off places from the comfort of my couch; who allows me to live as another for a short period of time; with whom all things are possible.  Thank you.

14.  For My Job who allows me to meet wonderful people and see amazing places; who has found a perfect fit for my gift of gab; who takes care of me; who creates an environment where I can thrive; who makes each day seem less and less like work.  Thank you.

15.  For the Kindness of Strangers whose simple smiles make me happy; whose unassuming gestures make me believe in the good of humanity; whose willingness to help others that cannot help themselves restores my belief in the human spirit.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment