Thursday, July 21, 2011

Yup, This is MY Luck.

I told you Gabe - totally blogging it.

So, went to St. Louis - found a hotel, it was kinda far away from where I needed to be most days.  Also, it had not one, not two, but three security gates that I had to go through to get to my room.  Let's just say it freaked me out a little bit.  I don't even want to think of the reasons WHY they might need 3 locked gates.

So, I moved.  Made reservations for a different, closer, hotel.  I bopped, yes bopped, down to the front desk to check out.  This is what happens:

Desk Clerk:  Checking out?
Andrea:  Yes sir, you are just too far away.
DC: Oh, so you are going to the concert??
Andrea: Hmmm, what concert.
DC:  Really?? Uh, U2
Andrea:  WHAAAAAAATTTT!!!!!
DC:  Yup, I have tickets if you need to buy some.
Andrea: (pouty face) Oh man, I can't go - CRAP!  Now, if you had some NKOTB tickets we'd be in business.  (see I was free that night)
DC:  Oh, you a fan??
Andrea:  Heck yessssss! (believe there was a fist pump involved)
DC:  Well, I can't officially tell you this - but you might want to stay here.  We're there official hotel.
Andrea:  *silence*
DC:  I know, right??
Andrea:  *silence*

Finally, got out that I had to be going now...

BUT - SERIOUSLY DUDE!!!!! Could you maybe have told me that before I went through the trouble of checking out???  I kinda look like the type of gal who would need that information.  You know that I am sooooo not above stalking people in the lobby!!  Just another example of my bad luck.

May your day be filled with extra special chance encounters,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment