Monday, July 11, 2011

NKOTBSB!! Or, Before there was Shiloh Farmer there was Jordan Knight.

Yes, I did.  and Yes, it was fabulous!

It was certainly one of the most action packed, entertaining concerts I have been to in a really long time: fireworks, moving stage parts, sequins, abs, and shooting flames.  Awesome.  I also must say, that attending this concert was something that I have wanted to do for the last 23 years.  Childhood dream fulfilled!! (Yes, I totally screamed like I was 11, and there may have been a few tears, also I may have screamed "I love you Jordan" - whatever).

The thing that made it so glorious, besides the super excellent company of one Cathryn Hogarth, was that they didn't try to be anything other than what they are:  a most fabulous boy band(s).  They sang all the greats complete with dance moves circa, 1989.  AND we were sooooo close - I could see the whites of their eyes.  If I wouldn't have gotten arrested, I would have trampled bitches to touch just one pant-leg of my childhood crush, Jordan Knight.  I have also gained a new appreciate for the Backstreet Boys, and the showmanship of Mr. Nick Carter. 

I also, must note, that the "people watching" was super wonderful.  I saw fashion trends that I hadn't seen in 15+ years: overalls with one shoulder undone, more neon than the law allows, and one special lady with light pink pants and perhaps black undies.  Classy.

I have to admit, if they ever come back (please, please make it so) I am there in a heartbeat, that is, if I don't buy a ticked on the NKOTB 2012 Cruise.  Don't think I won't!!

...and with that, I shall leave you with my favorite NKOTB song (please notice the awesome dance moves - you know that we can all still do them...)



May your day be spent la la la la la-ing,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment