Friday, July 22, 2011

Why Whole - When You Can Half??

Ugh.  Yup.  I have my first half-marathon this weekend.  Sunday to be exact.  *barf*

I don't remember being nervous at all a couple days ago, of course, that could have been the ultra hot St. Louis weather going to my brain.  (110 with the heat index, did I mention humidity... oh, Pacific Northwest how I do love thee.)

Now, I've got this:

What if I faint?  What if I have to pee?  What if I can't make it? What if I sleep in?  What if I don't drink enough water?  What if I barf?  What if I am the very last person?  What if I trip and fall, and break my leg, and have to crawl (or drag myself really) to the nearest aide station??????

Unreasonable??  I thought so, too.  Sometimes, you just can't shut off the part of your brain that rides to town on the crazy train.  I realize, that I should be fine.  Really.  Unless, like in India, I get mauled by a damn panther.  There aren't panthers in Oregon are there??

May your day be filled with clarity,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment