Friday, July 29, 2011

Half Recap!!

I am sure that you have all figured out that I survived.  Also, I am hooked and so very ready to do it again!!

I am really quite happy with the way my very first half went - with a finish time of 2:08:54 (complete with two monster hills - I am really looking forward to finding flat races).

There are just a few things I would do differently:

1.  Eat more before the run.  Joe says one of the Olympic teams ate blueberry pancakes for breakfast.  Really, if it is good enough for Olympians - it's good enough for me.

2.  Drink more from the hydration stations earlier on.  Towards the end of the race I was grabbing two cups of water, and I should have been doing that all along.

3.  Start out slower.  I kinda took off like the house was on fire, and perhaps I should have taken the first three miles slow.  Then, perhaps, I would have had extra gas in the tank for that monster of a hill on mile 12.

I was looking back through all my stuffs, and noticed that I haven't even been running for one year.  I believe my anniversary date is Sept. 4th.  I feel pretty good about how far I have come in less than a year.  Joe asked where I was one year ago, my response:  "on the couch, eating bon-bons."  Here's to more successful halves and wholes.

May your day be filled with an overwhelming sense of accomplishment!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment