Sunday, March 3, 2013

Karly's 7 Minutes to Delicious Food



One of the many excuses I hear from others regarding why they can't eat healthy is that they don't have time.  I am challenging this mind set today.  I will show you an estimated time to make my lunch today versus going to the drive in or eating a Lean Cuisine.

Here it goes:

Drive in: average time through the drive in 5 minutes and then an additional 5 or so minutes until you get home or back to the office.  Total time: 10 minutes (I am being generous here on driving time).

Lean Cuisine- According to the instructions cook 2 minutes- stir and then cook for an additional 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.  Let stand for 2 minutes before eating. Total time: 5 & 1/2 minutes plus the time it takes to unwrap the packaging which I didn't factor in)

My Lunch today: 2 grass fed beef patties on a romaine lettuce leaf with raw mild cheese and red and green peppers.  This took me 7 minutes total time to prep and cook.  Breakdown- season and mix one egg with raw meet and form into patties and warm up pan or grill at the same time 30 seconds.  Cook patties for 5 minutes. Wash and cut strips of red and green peppers, wash romaine lettuce leafs and slice cheese: 1 minute. Put it altogether: 30 seconds. Total time: 7 minutes.

So as a comparison, it really doesn't take long and if you cook your meals in advance and just grab them as you go it is even quicker. I am not even going to get into the details of how much healthier my lunch is on a micro and macro nutrient level in comparison to the fast food and box food. 

My food was truly delicious, nutritious and quick to make.  No excuses!  - Karly

(In addition to Karly's post - I'd like to add the following quick and delicious lunch.  Take three pieces of romaine lettuce, fill each leaf with tuna or browned meat, top with low sodium salsa and other veggies.  Super fast, super easy, better than you expect!)



No comments:

Post a Comment