Monday, March 25, 2013

Best. Run. Ever.

If you follow Scrambled Legs, you'll already know that yesterday's run was Ah-Mazing!

I felt great, ran great, and finished strong.  14 miles of running bliss.  Since then, I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what I did differently that day, and the days leading up to the epic run.  Here is what I have come up with:

1.  Started a vitamin regimen as suggested by my coach.
2.  Stretched more than normal (which means I stretched a little).
3.  Ate more calories during the week - including some girl scout cookies and a cadbury egg.
4.  Rested on rest day, and ran slower than normal on my easy days.
5.  Ate no gluten or dairy before I ran.
6.  Only hydrated with water during my run.

I'm not sure which of these items is responsible for my fantastic run, but I am going to try to repeat this next weekend, and we'll see if I have the recipe for success. 

I have a sneakin' suspicion I have been asking too much of my body, and not providing it with enough fuel.  This run was my body's way of saying - feed me and I'll treat you right. 

Now, to find healthier alternatives to cookies and cream eggs. (Is there such a thing???  kidding, kidding)

1 comment:

  1. I agree and think there is something to each of the things you've listed. I also starting to think there is a connection in me with the dairy and gluten too.

    Can't wait to hear how your runs go this week now!

    ReplyDelete