Monday, March 4, 2013

I am Ready.

So, I was sick last week.   Major Thumbs Down!

I had a lot of time to think.  Mainly, to think about running.  I kinda missed it.

I am currently two months out from my third full.  I get a little geeky about this time; full of nerves, and doubt, and worry, and over all just anxious.  But something is different this time - something has changed.

I am ready.  I know what I need to do, how it goes, where I need to take my training, the effort that needs to be made, and I am ready for it.  I am done with doubt, and slackin' off, and making excuses - it's time to work hard.  Harder than I have before, harder that what is comfortable, harder than what people expect.  It's time - because I KNOW I can do it. 

I have been amazed at how much other people believe in me.  Because, to be honest, I wasn't sure.  I didn't quite have the confidence in myself that everyone else seemed to have.  But that doesn't matter now, even if everyone stopped believing that I could do it - I know I can. 

And at the end of the day - that's the only opinion that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment