Thursday, March 7, 2013

New Running Accessory

This is the note that I sent to my running/workout group:

"Ladies and Ladies. Tomorrow we will be working our arms. Mainly due to the fact I can't begin to fathom lifting my legs in any way, shape, or form.

Also, I'll be wearing a new running accessory that COULD be embarrassing for you all. I'll need you to take photos. It's a very serious experiment in journalism. Now, whose face am I going to see tomorrow?"


They were not quite ready for what I had in store for them.  I am not sure what they expected to see, but I can assure you it wasn't these beauties!!  They were awesome sports and took the new accessory in stride; they didn't even act like I was a complete nut-job stranger they just happened upon!!

I bought these bad boys in Las Vegas (it was my ONLY purchase of the week - thankyouverymuch), and I am in LOVE with them.  Now, people did stare, and smile, and laugh, and look oddly, and one young lad even gave me a "those are awesome socks."  OF COURSE THEY ARE!!!  THEY HAVE CAPES!!!  (I am going to assume the capes will make me *super* fast)

They have brought me a lot of joy in my short ownership, and while I don't post a ton of self portraits - you need to get the full effect.




... and now to save the world - one mile at a time.

1 comment: