Monday, February 25, 2013

On the Road.

I MADE IT HOME!!!

I travel fairly frequently for work.  Always on the go.  Most recently, I spent SEVEN days in Vegas (this is not a good idea - I don't recommend this).  I am also training for a marathon.  Obviously the two do not go together - well, when you first think about it.

Traditionally, I struggle when I am traveling and have to run.  I tend to brush it off, or think I can re-work my running schedule.  THIS TIME - I knew I couldn't do that.  I also didn't want to.  Running is important to me, and I decided it was high time I made it a priority.

While I was planning my trip, I made sure to schedule time to run.  I mapped out courses, I scoped out the fitness center, I packed extra workout clothes, and I went for it.  I am soooooo happy I did.  I didn't miss one day - not one!  Nothing feels better than overcoming an obstacle.  Now that I know I am capable of succeeding, even when on the road, I will be unstoppable!!

Here's to making yourself a priority.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congrats on getting your runs in while away. That is no easy feat.

    ReplyDelete