Saturday, February 16, 2013

Introducing My Guest Blogger!! Karly Gomez

Ladies and Gents -

I have known Karly since the sixth grade.  She has been there for me though thick and thin; in good times and in great.  We have gotten into more shenanigans than we know what to do with.

She is my voice of reason. The person who will pick me up from my bootstraps.  The one who isn't afraid to shake me when I am being unreasonable.  My sister from another mister.

Oh, I should mention she is also a fitness competitor and a BEAST at the gym.  She will make you turn your head and say, "DAAAAAAMN."  She'll be joining us weekly with advice, tips, rants, and funnies.

You'll love her just as much as I do.
Best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten:
Just be yourself and do what makes you happy.
 
Worst piece of advice you’ve ever gotten:
 
Don't lift weights, they will make you bulky.
 
How has your lifestyle changed over the last 5 years:
 

I went from being a skinny, unhealthy woman who was plagued with Systemic Lupus and Ulcerative Colitis, to a lean and healthy fighting machine who is no longer plagued with the aforementioned medical issues.  Today, I am more happy and more confident in my own skin than I have ever been in my life.  I now compete in figure competitions in the NPC Division and have accomplished so much just with doing what I love.  Now, I journey to make this lifestyle a living. I teach group fitness (Kettle Bells and BOSU Pilates) at the Student Rec. Center at WSU and I am working on becoming a Certified Personal Trainer.  Where my journey leads me after that is my greatest adventure yet.
 
Do you see it changing more in the next 5 years:
 
Yes, I do.  I can hardly wait!
 
Favorite Quote:
 
Strength and dignity are her clothing and she smiles at the future.  (Proverbs 31:25)
 
What keeps you going on days that you want to throw your hands up and walk away? 
 
My family and remembering how far I have come and how much I hated being sick when I didn't train and eat clean.
 
Welcome, Karly!!!  I couldn't be happier to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment