Sunday, February 17, 2013

Food Diary of a Clean Eater.

Since Karly is the cleanest eater I know (and also happens to be one of the leanest people I know) I asked her what she did and ate on Sunday.  I wanted to give you all a glimpse at what her menu looks like.  I think that sometimes we get into a cycle where we think "if I don't eat, I'll lose more weight, faster."  No beuno my friends.  You need to eat, and you need to eat good food.  Here is what she said:

What I do on Sunday sets the entire pace for what I eat for the week.  Literally... You see, I prepare a week's worth of food to keep me on point, and it makes life simple really.  I don't have to worry about it during the week. I just go to the fridge, pull out the food, pack my bag and off I go.  The planning part is a little complicated when first beginning, but after a few Sundays of prep. you too can be a pro.  I have mastered this time down to 2 hours.  Not bad!!!
 
This week, I had lots of yummy options.  For instance, here was today's meal plan which was a higher carbohydrate day for me because of teaching Kettle Bell Class and training legs in the gym.
 
4:00 am Breakfast
 
1 cup organic oats, 2 boiled eggs and 1 scoop of ChocolateTrue Nutrition Protein.
 
10:00 am Second Breakfast as a hobbit would say...
 
2 cups of spaghetti (Gluten free noodles with organic sauce and grass fed ground beef)
 
1:00 pm Lunch
 
Post Workout Shake (1 scoop of ChocolateTrue Nutrition Protein)
A kale and 8 oz chicken wrap with red peppers and 3 slices of avocado (my kale leaf was my "bread")
 
4:00 pm Late snack
 
10 carrots and 10 pieces of celery  both organic- with organic sunflower seed butter (about 2 teaspoons)
 
6:00 pm Dinner time- My favorite!  Breakfast for dinner!!
 
6 eggs scrambled with 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil
2 pieces of bacon (no nitrates)
1 cup organic coffee
 
9:00 pm Protein shake (1 scoop of ChocolateTrue Nutrition Protein).
 
Bedtime!!!!!
 
Along with the food I was drinking water, all throughout the day.  Water is so important- a dehydrated body cannot function correctly- give your body water, and you are on your way to the fountain of youth!
 
In addition, the types of food you eat are important, and where the food comes from is just as important.  I eat grass fed beef, free range organic chicken, and organic fruits, vegetables, and oats.  I don't do this to be a snob.  I do this because organic food (such as vegetables have less pesticides) if any, sprayed on them compared to conventional veggies and fruits, and grass fed beef is high in Omega-3 (good) and lower in Omega-6 (bad) which can cause havoc in the body and inflammation.  Something to really think about if you truly want to be healthy and feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment