Wednesday, December 5, 2012

All the reasons not to.

My legs hurt, my hips are sore, I have asthma, the weather is terrible, it's raining, it's windy, it's too dark, the arthritis is my jaw is too painful, my shoulders ache, I'm tired, I'm busy, I have to work 12 hours today, I need to clean the house, I need to wash the laundry, I want to watch tv, I want to bake, my feet hurt, my toenail is coming off, I JUST DON'T WANT TO.

These are all the reasons that I have come up with lately for why I could "get out" of running.  Yes, I have all those ailments, those distractions, those obligations.

It's odd how that happens, right?  How something that you know you love to do, that brings you so much joy, can become nagging.  I find that most of the people make their lists of "why nots" and don't. 

But there are those of us that keep coming back to this:  I have to.  I need to.

... and that is what keeps me going.  The knowledge that I will be complete at the end of the run.  I will be whole.  I will remain sane.  For now.

Find and embrace the "I have to-s".

Namaste Y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment