Monday, December 10, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like....

Training!

It's beginning to look a lot like training.

I thought today could perhaps be a funny blog, but nope, not happening.  With training heading to full on crazy mode, it's all I can really think about.  Where am I going to run?  How far? What will the conditions be like?  Will I have to run 80 laps on the track?  So many variables!!

Truth be told - I love this.  I am certainly a person that works much better under pressure.  The more complicated something is, the more I will enjoy it.  I kinda like that "I'm a badass" feeling you get from training.  I also really like to plan - which gets tricky during the days of weather unpredictability.

It's time.  It's time to drag out my serious gear, and prep food schedules, and find mid-run fuel, and create longer playlists, and make sure all my cold running pants are clean, and kick some booty.

Here's to training in below freezing temps, to long runs, to mile repeats, to stretching and sore hips, to carbo loads and electrolytes, to gear checks and re-checks, to being awake and running and living.

No comments:

Post a Comment