Thursday, September 20, 2012

Let's Not Break The Rules.

I am pretty upset by a RULE that is being broken.  I like rules, I follow rules, I will tattle on you if you break the rules.  They are the RULES for a reason (at least that is what I would like to think).

WHHHHHHHHEEEEEN, my friends, did it become okay to wear white after Labor Day??  Maybe it is the strength of my southern roots showing, but my dear grandmother would roll over in her grave (well, she was cremated - but you catch my drift) if she knew people were breaking this very significant, very cardinal rule of fashion.

I googled this very rule to see when people decided to lose their damn minds.  What I found was people have decided that, "you should just wear what you want," and that "that rule is old fashioned."  I say, "bullshit."  I say the fashion industry is offering up some ruse to insight mass rule breaking hysteria.  Don't fall for it.

Between Labor Day and Easter keep your white stuff in your closet.  If you chose to break the rules, I can't help but judge, and say (in my very best southern accent)... "well bless her heart."

(oh, and just in case you were wondering - "winter white" double bullshit).


No comments:

Post a Comment