Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's a girl anthem, get your damn hands up.

It happens every so often - this girl anthem.  A song that, when played, turns normal, sane, ordinary ladies into finger waggin', fist shakin', power jumpin', group dancin' girls.  We flock to the dance floor and raise our fists in girl power unity.

These songs go way back, think: I Will Survive, You're So Vain, What's Love Got to Do With It, I'm Every Woman, Single Ladies, You Outta Know, Domino, Respect, Since U Been Gone, Express Yourself, are you with me??

It's true, we may not BE angry with our significant other, we may not BE dealing with a break up, or cheating hearts, or jack wagon dudes, but this need to fight the man rises to the surface.

And so, ladies (and gents) I present to you the new girl anthem.  Ladies, join me on the dance floor.  Dudes, just nurse your drink - we'll return to normal shortly.



Here's to shakin' your fist - at no one in particular!!

No comments:

Post a Comment