Friday, June 1, 2012

Airplane Rules.

A lot of rules this week, right??  Look, I'm hungry - that means super bossy. 

Anyhow, I digress.

I have two very important rules when it comes to flying.  Do not cross the imaginary seat divider with any object. Be it elbow, newspaper, coat fabric, whatever - it belongs on your side, in your space, not in mine.  EVER.  And when I scoot it over to your side, or swat your newspaper, you may not be offended.  I am protecting my space.

Secondly.  Do. Not. Touch. Me.  I don't want to rub elbows, legs, feet, arms with anyone (especially if I don't know you).  I realize that this space is super small.  I get that.  However, I can sit there without touching you (I promise) so keep your grubby appendages to yourself.  (Okay, they may be squeeky clean but still).  You'll give me a rash, I'm sure of it.

I am really quite a good seatmate.  I don't talk, don't move, won't touch you, don't need to use the bathroom, don't stink; I just need you to behave.

and, last week I was feeling very bold.  See this woman: 

She cut in front of me at ticketing, actually shook her hand in my face, and said *I need to get my boarding pass missy, I don't want to miss my flight.*  I almost got into a fight, with an elderly woman, in the airport, but instead kept my mouth shut tight... (and then blatently snapped this photo of her.  It wouldn't have even bothered me if she would have kept her hand out of my face, and the "missy" in her mouth).

Here's to the friendly skies.

1 comment:

  1. This is too funny! You displayed great restraint - Kudos!

    ReplyDelete