Saturday, August 13, 2011

That was HARD!!!

'Cause sometimes you feel tired, feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up.
But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse."

Yup, I just quoted Eminem.  He may be on to something.

Today was tough.  I waited too long to run - I dilly dallied.  I'm not gonna lie.  By the time I got out the door it was 8:30 already pushin' 70 degrees.  When I finished 82 - ugh.  I am overheated.  I even had to take my tank top off (mortified).  If you know me, you know I might as well have been running naked.  I really appreciate good coverage.

Also, because I got my hair dyed yesterday and I sweat like a man (thanks Nikki for letting me steal your expression) - my sweat from my head was pink.  Pink streams of sweat pouring down my face.  This little incident scares the little old ladies.  They tend to worry about you when your sweat is pink.  "No, no, really it's not blood - it's hair dye.  I'm okay, no, really!!"

But, I never gave up.  Never quit.  Never walked away.  It would have been really easy to do.  I had to keep thinking "Bernard wouldn't quit.  Meb wouldn't want to skip a workout."  Yes, I do realize that they are WAAAAAAYYY out of my league. But, hey, whatever works.

I had a new workout today.  20 mins 15X100 (typical warm up) then 6 miles of in and outs.  A fancy term for a 9 minute mile, followed by a 10 minute mile - until you hit 6 miles.  I wanted to quit after the warm up.  But I didn't.  I wanted to quit after the first nine minute mile.  But I didn't.  I wanted to quit after mile 5 - but I keep pushing.

I finished, and most importantly I hit all my time goals.  Hardest.  Workout.  Ever. 

I think I will die now.

May your day be filled with early starts and successful finishes,

Andrea

PS:  Don't you want to follow my blog?  That way I know you are reading - and I keep bloggin'.  See how that works.  Okay, enough self promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment