Thursday, August 18, 2011

Well, that hurt my elbow. Also, my pride.

It happened on the treadmill.  It ALWAYS happens on the treadmill.

I was trotting along - (5.7 - easy. as. pie) - supposed to be a wonderful 2.5 mile run.  Nothing exciting.  Zero. 

And then, it happened.  "It" came on.  Oh, how I have forgotten how much I love this song.  It started out innocent enough.  A few jazz hands moves here and there.  Then, I couldn't help myself - the music took over.  You should have seen my dance moves.  I had practiced these moves in my living room as a child - the gloriousness of them all came back to me - I was sweating pure joy.

SO - imagine my surprise, when, after just one faulty step (it is amazingly hard to keep said dance moves on the tiny, moving, landing strip) I was shot off the back of the treadmill.  Luckily, my trained jazz hands grabbed the emergency cord - and it stopped fairly quickly.  I am also fairly lucky that all that got injured, was my elbow.  Nothing was broken, bleeding, oozing, or throbbing.  I escaped relatively unscathed.  My pride, however, not so much.

What was this tune that clutched me so tightly in its grasp??  Ladies and Gents, may I present to you:


May your day be filled with the beauty of a better way of life..... sing it!!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment