Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mistakes Were Made.

"You will pay for your sins."

You have no idea how many times this rang through my head today.  Maybe it was the red velvet cake, the eggnog cupcakes, the pumpkin pie, the sweet rolls, the multiple sodas, the fried chicken, the mountains of gravy, the chips, the dips.... *face palm*  Oh Andrea, you silly silly girl.

Today I had my first run in, well, awhile - and I was so incredibly slow, winded, cranky, and did I mention slow.  All the while I hear Joe, in his infinite wisdom, telling me "you will pay for your sins."  By that, I am pretty sure he means that if you eat a bunch of crap, you will feel like crap, and perform like crap.  I know, I know you all are saying - well, duh sweetheart- doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out!

I guess I thought I was immune.  I guess I kinda always think that... that all the negative stuff will just skip right over me.  That I, Ms. Fancy pants, will defy all scientific research and will be the one and only exception to the rule.  Wrong, wrong, wrong again.

I am determined to get back on the straight and narrow.  Step one: I got my booty out of bed, and ran today.  I got 3 honks (I think those are my fans rooting me on), and an old man that informed me the hospital was about 3 blocks away and that I was headed the right direction.  I dodged three leaping deer (and so did the blue jeep they leaped in front of), and mounds of deer poop.  I am feeling a little better about my "sins" and am going to prove to myself that I will do better.

Now, I am off to rid the Farmer House of treats.

May your day be full of encouraging honks.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment