Sunday, December 19, 2010

Icicles in Your Eyelashes.

Yesterday was a test for me; on so many different levels.
I had a huge track work out that I knew I needed to accomplish; I was sore, it was cold and snowing outside, but I bundled up in my gear and ventured out anyhow.
By the time I made it to the track, the snow was really coming down.  I laced my sneaks up tight, and began the warm up: 20 minutes.  Upon taking my very first turn – I realized just how slick the snow and track were.  I had to slow it down, and really watch my footing.  So, you know, I didn’t end up ass over tea kettle.
Karly got there just in time to help with the timed laps, or pure torture in those conditions.  (Thank you so much my dear!)  My timed laps looked a little something like this: run a lap, walk ½ a lap, repeat to the tune of 9 times.  The snow was coming down, the wind was blowing, water and tears were running down my face, my feel were wet, snow/sleet was building up along my arms and chest, and I had icicles in my eyelashes.  But I succeeded.  I did it!!  Mission accomplished.  I was pretty darn proud of myself.  My average lap time was about 2:11 – which, I feel, was pretty good considering the conditions.
Just goes to show you: you are tougher than you imagine, where there’s a will there’s a way, with good friends anything is possible, and YOU GOTTA WANT IT!!
See y’all at the New Year’s Race!
May your days be filled with warmth and icicle free eyelashes.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment