Saturday, April 13, 2013

Thank You, Thank You Very Much!! My Winning/Presentation of the Liebster Award!!


When I got the notice that ArmsWideOpen had presented me with the Liebster Award - I was thrilled!!  I may have squeeked a little, fist pumped, and hollered "that's what I'm talking about!!"



As Patsy most eloquently states:  "Liebster" is German for "dearest" and it's a blogger to blogger award for those having 200 or fewer followers, so they can get more exposure." And since I love for people to read my blogs, and have fun - YES!!  I am accepting.  (all the while amazed that folks enjoy my rants, ramblings, and serious chats).


... And now for the rules that I have been given.
 
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. - check
2, Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you. - check
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog. - yup yup, done
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less, who you feel deserve to be noticed, and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated. - just about done
5. Answer the 11 questions the blogger presented you with, create 11 questions for the blogs you are nominating, and list 11 facts about yourself. - little bossy don't ya think??


Phew - this was lot of work, but nothing worth having comes easy, so I gratefully accept this challenge!!


Patsy came up with some interesting questions.  You know what they say - if you are crazy enough to ask, I'm crazy enough to totally take your questions and Andrea-fy it.  (okay nobody says that,but you get my drift!!)


Questions From My Nominator:
 
1. Why did you start your blog?  I started writing to get down all the random thoughts in my head (and yes, there are many of them).  I used to write a column in my high school newspaper, and I loved it.  Plus, blog writing is totally cheaper than therapy.  Wait, did I just write that down...


2. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  Oh gosh, 10 YEARS?!?!  You do realize that I have horrible vision, and need serious glasses/contacts.  I can't even really see down the road - let alone 10 years into the future!


3. Would you support me in my endeavor to be Queen of our country?  All women are Queens in the figurative sense, and we should celebrate each other as such.  However, if you are asking me to support you actually fighting people to turn 'Merica in to a Monarchy... well, you're on your own sister.


4. What is your dream that you're afraid to talk about but secretly think about all the time?  Boston. 


5. Of course, because I love to read, what's your favorite book? The Great Gatsby (le sigh), and most recently, The Fault in Our Stars.


6. If you had total control of the world, what are 3 things that you would do immediately, aside from crowning me Queen?  THAT is a lot of control - So, first - DELEGATE.  second - DELEGATE.  and third - provide cupcakes for everyone.


7. What is one goal that you achieved that you are most proud of (not counting family)?  Finishing a marathon was pretty amazing.  


8. What are you working hardest at right now? Enjoying every moment, and every opportunity that comes my way.


9. What is the most hilarious thing that has ever happened to you?  Being me is very hard work - the MOST random things always happen to me.  I am always in the wrong place - right time.  The time the TSA Agent accused me of being Katy Perry, and not giving him an autograph or having my photo taken with him was pretty amusing.


10. Finish this sentence: In 2013, I will _____________________. be the best me I can be!!


11. They're making a movie about your life. Who would  you choose to play your part?  Zooey Daschanel.  If she's not available - I guess Katy Perry would do.









 
11 Fascinating Facts About Me


1. Before 2010, running was the worst type of punishment ever bestowed on mankind.  Now, it is my most favorite thing ever.


2.  I have four plates, and seventeen screws... in my face.

3.  My elbows are double jointed (and they always get me in trouble in fitness classes).

4.  If competitive eating lasted all day long - I am pretty sure I could take home the top prize.

5.  I have a super human sense of smell that often time scares my husband.  I can tell if he has been sneaking treats, or if one of the animals has gotten into something, or if there is a fire within a 25 mile radius.

6.  I am a coffee junkee.  I also drink my coffee black - which is crazy being as 4 years ago my standard Starbucks order was: 16 ounce iced raspberry white chocolate mocha, whipped cream, half the coffee.  It was pink, and fabulous, and pure sugar.  It's a slippery slope folks - so we just drink it black.

7.  I spoke at my college graduation.  Ooohhhhh, super fancy pants.

8.  I stay the same size no matter what I do.  I had to go on a liquid diet for 4 weeks (see fact 2) and nothing.  I couldn't even buy a smaller size of pants.  Couch Potato Andrea - same size.  Marathon Runner Andrea - same size.

9.  I have an uncanny knack for rapping. 

10.  It is my life long goal to learn how to play the air drums, and the air guitar.  Yes, you read that right.

11.  I don't know how to rest.  I have two speeds: on and off.  If I am not full speed ahead - I'm not mobile.  It makes movie watching difficult!!


Questions For My Nominees
 
1.  How did you come up with the name of your blog?


2.  Favorite Treat?
3.  The story behind the most favorite picture of yourself?
4.  Pet Peeve?
5.  Guilty Pleasure?
6.  Favorite song of all time, and why?
7.  If at the end of your life you'd die content knowing you did this _______ - what would it be?
8.  Favorite Quote?
9.  Do you collect anything?  If so, how'd the collection start?
10. Your Weakness?
11.  Your Strength?


And now to pay it forward!!  My nominees for the Liebster Award are:


One Tough Mother Runner
Stacey Runs and Eats




Fitness Bliss With Kris
Colene, In Training
Devon, In Training
Fattest Salmon
It Figures, Karly Goes National
Running on the Fly
Fitness By Fit Miss
RUNinspired
Kayla Dawn Writes

Now, go and check out their blogs.  Offer them congrats, and let them know Scrambled Legs sent you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment