Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I am not a steak.

Small Morning Rant:

I have seen a lot of posts lately with things like "your man wouldn't want a steak that's all bone - why would he want his woman that way" - DO NOT PERPETUATE THIS CRAP. 

A.  As long as I am comfortable in my skin - who cares what "my man" or ANY one thinks about my size and shape.

B.  Since WHEN is it alright to go around judging other women based on each others size.  Does that sound even remotely alright??  Isn't society harsh enough on our figures??  Do you think that these type of sentiments make those that are smaller feel good??  And what if smaller people were making fun of bigger people - there'd be a riot, right?  Because we should love someone because of their inside, not their outside.  IT FEELS THE SAME.  Stop doing this.

Judgements, and hate, and bullying, and being mean - are still ALL of those things whether they are wrapped in a joke, or a harsh statement.  Criticizing others, judging others, putting other down - none of that is funny.  It's hurtful.  It's unkind.  It's rude. 

... not to mention you are comparing women to an effing piece of meat!!  Are you kidding me right now - do I really need to tell you how wrong that is, on SO many levels.

You are better than this.  Stop it.

2 comments:

  1. absolutely LOVE this rant...you could not be more on the money...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ROCK!!! Thank you!!! Completely on the money.

    ReplyDelete