Monday, April 22, 2013

As the Mind Wanders.

I had a long run this weekend, and I noticed that while I ran I had the most interesting, bizarre thoughts.  So, of course I want to share them with YOU.

I cannot be held responsible for what pops into my head after mile 13.  You've been warned.

Mile One:  ... and we're running - WE ARE RUNNING!!!!!  Whooo hoo this feels great!  run.run.run.lalalalalalalala!!

Mile Two:  Do I have a rock in my shoe?  Are my laces too tight?  Hmmmm.  That's a new squeek I haven't heard before.

Mile Three:  GATORADE!!!  I wonder how they come up with their flavors ..  what is a blue raspberry anyhow??

Mile Four:  I wonder if this ear warmer head band is going to give me a weird tan line across my forehead.  Must remember to take this off...

Mile Five:  Is someone smoking pot around here??  Maybe it's the dandelions - do dandelions smell like pot??  I guess I don't know.

Mile Six:  DONT STEP ON THE CATERPILL.... oh, nope, just a weird leaf thing.  Phew...

Mile Seven:  Is that a dead frog??  Here, let me - ugh, yup dead frog!!

Mile Eight:  Re-fueling station in progress.  I wonder how much water I can drink before I get that sloshy belly noise?  Ah, better not push it.  Push it??  I wonder if I have Salt N Peppa on my iPod.

Mile Nine:  Heyprettyladyinthesecondrow - she's an 8, she's a 9, she's a 10 I know... where the heck did that come from???  Beyonce... must. find. Beyonce.

Mile Ten:  Hey!!!  It's high water pants guy!!  Let's smile and wave - oh, god, my lips - I have cracked my lips - I must certainly be gushing blood. OUCH!!!  *touches face - looks at hand*  no blood. 

Mile Eleven: It's a KITTY!!!  Oooh, scary kitty - did it even have eyes??  Wait, maybe it was a blind kitty.  Why would someone let their blind kitty outside - that's just mean.  Poor little blind scary no eyed kitty.

Mile Twelve:  ARE WE THERE YET!!!  Nope, only four miles left - is that horse dead??  It's just laying down in the sun??  Do horses sun themselves?  Hmmmm, hope you're not dead big fella.

Mile Thirteen:  Well, now I am halfway there.  HALFWAY THERE!!  Who signs up to do this stupid running nonsense - I mean really, 26.2 miles - that's just a bit much right... I mean it sounded like such a great idea in October, and I really like those medals...  yeah, it's not so bad after all.

Mile Fourteen:  Puttin' on my big girl pants, puttin' on my big girl pants, puttin' on my big girl pants...

Mile Fifteen:  I'm on my WAAAAAAAAYYYYY home.sweet.home!!!!  I think I really need to make t-shirts for my long training runs.  "Who's Got Two Thumbs and Has Just Run 15 Miles - This GIRL" - I'm hungry... Is Arby's REALLY that bad for you??  Wonder what is in the "cheese" sauce anyway...

Mile Sixteen:  Heeeeeeeey - the horse is gone.  Yay, not dead horse!!! Well, unless he was moved by a forklift and he is now in horsey heaven.  Nevermind.

Mile Seventeen:  Did that goat just say "hello"??  I am pretty sure he just said "hello".  (out loud)  HELLO GOAT!! 

5 comments:

  1. ROFLOL! Best thing I have read all day. Thank you for making me smile, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Btw, you see a lot of animals on your runs!
    I have done the cracked lip thing too. I thought it was just me running with my mouth hanging open!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I often hear the squirrels talk to me and the occasional street sign!! Brilliant humor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After giggling to the point on almost tinkling (thank you very much), I have to say... I do this and my "run"/walk (mostly walk) has about the same convo that you have in 26+ miles. Yup, what the heck is wrong with me? New runner girl needs to purchase some of those big girl pants and push through it. Thumb point, who invited the new kid.....
    B
    http://smilingrunningshoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete