Monday, August 27, 2012

Ladies and Gents - It is time to get serious.

Well, hello friends!!  It's been awhile.  I took a smidge of a break; it's kinda how I roll.

Did you know that October 14th is fast approaching??  Don't quote me, but I believe that it is, oh, around 49 days away.  Yipes.  Whoa, whoa, whoa - what happens on October 14th??  (you ask) - It's the City of Trees Marathon, yup another 26.2 for me.

This means that for the next 49 days I will be on my best behavior.  I will be taking each and every run seriously, and giving each step careful thought.  I will be working hard to "undo" the 10 pound damage I did in Australia (10 pounds in 10 days - pretty impressive!!!)

I am not convinced that I will PR this race, but I will certainly attack these 26.2 miles with the knowledge that it can be done; with the knowledge that challenges will face me; and the knowledge that the last four miles are close to Hell on Earth. 

Here's to minding your P's and Q's.

No comments:

Post a Comment