Saturday, April 16, 2011

Try Something New!!

I think sometimes we all get into a little bit of a rut.  Whether it be our workout, our meals, our snacks, or - as in my case - my play list.  Usually, I find my inner gangsta and all is well with the world, but this week - I was just bored.  I found myself switching songs faster than I was switching lanes.

By the time I logged my 5 miles, and 15 X 100 - I had my solution.  I would download some CLASSICAL music to run to.  Fast forward to the next day.  New music downloaded, running gear ready to go, shoes tied tight - let's do this!!

This might have been one of my best ideas yet!!  I found these musical masterpieces to be inspiring, motivating, fun, and delightful!  Because I wasn't running to a serious bass line - I found a groove that was a tad faster than normal, and kept it. 

I found myself breaking into mile wide grins every now and again, because there were times when I felt there was this huge inside joke happening, and I was the only one in on it.  I only caught myself directing my own personal orchestra twice - so that is a plus.

I don't know how long my new play list will last, but for now it is keeping me smiling.

May your ruts be uplifted with the joy of the unexpected.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment