Saturday, April 2, 2011

On the Road Again...

Wowzers, it has been a crazy couple of weeks!!! 

Boston, CT, Rhode Island, New Jersey, New York, Alaskan Airline Meltdown - and that's only the beginning.  I had to switch rooms, got seriously honked at, got mildly lost, and my hair thing caught on fire!!  No worries, I snubbed it out before the sprinklers or alarms caught on. 

During my adventures, and before I left - I had gotten a little lazy.  Lazy, in the sense that I was using the treadmill WAY more than appropriate.  I should have just put on my big girl pants and hit the road.

Well, this week I have made a promise to myself - no more treadmill.  Especially, after reading an article that explains how running on a treadmill is like cheating.  The machine pulls your legs behind you, leaving you to only do half the work.  I understand that when it is 42 below, and snowing like crazy, sometimes you just need to use it... but no snow was in the forecast this week - so off I went.

I have ran in rain and wind - and I am still here to tell the story.  I didn't melt and I didn't get blown away.  I think it is all just mind over matter, and if you don't mind than the weather won't matter.   I'll be running 80 mins on the Moscow/Pullman trail Sunday if anyone wants to join me!!

May your day be filled with positive thoughts,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment