Saturday, March 5, 2011

Runners Are Resourceful.

Do you ever have a moment where no matter what you think, do, or say - the problem just won't go away. It picks on you, nags at you, hovers around you like bees on a can of coke... yes, this, this was the blister on the bottom of my foot.

It was a nasty little guy; stretching from my index toe to my ring toe (if my toe did indeed wear a ring).  Part of the blister was deep, cracked, and a little bloody.  (So sorry if you are in the middle of breakfast).  It hurt to run, to walk, to put any pressure on it, and I racked my brain on how to make it better. 

I tried band-aids; they fell off.  I tried ointment; more ended up on my socks than anything else.  I tried nu-skin; it came off.  Shiloh suggested duck tape, and that is when the light bulb went off.  I will see your duck tape, sir and raise you some SUPERGLUE!!!

That is right ladies and gents - I super glued my foot backed together, and you know what... It worked.  Now, I am not a medical professional, nor, am I licenced to give medical advice - but if you have a nasty little blister nagging at you... you may want to give super glue a whirl.  My foot feels so much better, no pain, no blood, and I am back to running normal.

May your day be filled with super resourceful ideas.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment