Sunday, January 5, 2014

01/05/14 - Long Interval Run Day Musings.

15 easy/10 x 1 minute at 1/2 marathon pace, 1 minute easy/5 easy/10 x 1 minute at 10K pace, 1 minute easy/10 minutes easy

Turns out, after the holidays, LeBron and I have a little more in common.  No, I didn't grow a weird beard, or an extra foot and then some, or was contacted by Nike to make a shoe (this should all be strangely shocking to you all - except for the beard part).

LeBron and I are both Capricorns (read - ambitious, humorous, tolerant, tireless, success and goal driven, confident, and hardworking) - obviously one of us has more "natural talent" than the other - and please don't think that I am comparing myself to King James *I'm not* - BUT NOW - I also own PowerBeats by Dre (see, that is where this was going).  I feel pretty badass when I wear them, (although I do have to be a little more cautious as I can't hear cars any more) and would recommend them to any and all runners/walkers/athletes/people who love music, need ear wraps and hate ear buds.

That said, today I found my running POWER song of 2014.  The song that makes you run faster just because, that makes you run dance against your better judgment, the song that temporarily lets you forget your legs are screaming, the song that I am confident could be on endless repeat for all 26.2 miles... So, Kelly, Michelle, and BeyoncĂ© - thank you.

... enjoy the jam.


No comments:

Post a Comment